Monday, August 11, 2008
So close, and I need help!
Our 1/2 marathon is less than 2 weeks away. I am getting really nervous. We haven't been training like we should, but we do run every once in awhile. On Saturday we ran (w/ some walking) 9 miles. I felt really really good after, surprisingly. I just have to think to myself that I only have to run 4 more miles and I'm good. I have had a really hard time with this whole marathon thing. I just have a hard time believing that I can run 13 miles. I have always been the type of person that doubts my abilities, and this is something I doubt everyday. Jordan has been so wonderful in helping me and making me believe in myself. On Saturday he talked almost the whole time about football and it made the run go by so fast and I wasn't even really tired. So all I need him to do on the 23rd is talk about football for 13 miles. The thing is, I don't know if he is going to run by me at the marathon. He is a little faster than me and I want him to run his best, but at the same time I don't know what I'll do with out him by my side. I know that sounds cheesy but it is so much better when I have someone running next to me (especially Jordan). It is really silly but I am really don't know what to do...I really want Jordan to get his best time for the 1/2 marathon because we will probably only do this once, but I really want him by my side in the race to help me make it to the finish line. Help me out! What do you guys think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dont worry about not training. My sister-in-law trained like crazy and did fine, and my cousin-in-law ran it at the same time and didnt train at all and did fine too. Not as fast but she did really well considering. She even plans to run more half marathons and even marathons.
You should let him go ahead, I think. You are sooo capable of doing this! Get some motivating music playing on an iPod while you run or encourage yourself in your mind as you go! Get rid of the fear because you can do this!
Post a Comment