Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mikah's First Pet.....

TAKE TWO!!

We went and got Mikah a new fish yesterday. We decided to go with a Betta fish because I have had a few different people tell me that they are really hard to kill. I also think they are pretty. :D The guy at the pet store told us that gold fish don't usually do well in bowls because they can't breath the surface air, but a betta can - so that made me feel a little better about the two gold fish we killed.

Here are a few pictures of our new pet :D



We need name ideas. . . again :D Let us know if you have a good one :D

4 comments:

Michelle said...

One of my students named her fish Miss Farmer. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you used it too.

Cari said...

Our Beta's name was Gunther. And, unfortunately for him, he couldn't endure the long Uhaul ride to Texas. I was sad when we opened the box to find our deal pal and his compadres catching rays at the top of their water.

Chelsea said...

Haha we have one too! He is really fun to watch. Ours is named Sharkbait but we had one before that we named Jet. Just be sure that you always dechlorinate their water when you change it or else you will kill it. That's how I killed our first one...oops!

Ruachel said...

This is such a funny story because it sounds so familiar. I bought Sadie three goldfish for her first pets. We named them Larry, Curly, and Moe. Within a few days, Larry and Moe had died. My Mom said it was because they were in a bowl and couldn't get enough air. Who knew fish needed air? Anyways, we still have Curly and he looks as though he will never die.