Saturday, October 29, 2011

BYU/TCU game

I was very excited for the BYU/TCU game. I wanted to see the Cowboy Stadium and I totally miss the BYU games in Provo. We drove to the game with the Gilletts, but sadly we didn't have seats together - we did :) have seats with Josh and Cari. We were a little late and missed the 2 first touch downs by TCU. So when we arrived it was 14-0. I was like crap...this isn't going to be good. It wasn't so bad. There were some really bad no calls (pass interference in the endzone - he pushed him in the back-- ugh). There were also some really stupid things our team did (Nelson fumbling in the red zone, when he could have just taken a sack and the kicker struggled). The stadium was great. I just wish I would have been in the BYU section. I felt pretty stupid yelling and screaming around TCU fans. Luckily they were really nice and would talk with us about a bad call and usually agreed with us.
Before the game, I told Mikah that he would get to see BYU football again and the biggest screen he's ever seen. Here is the screen. It was huge! :)
I love my little family and am so happy we were able to spend the weekend together! My favorite part of the game was when Mikah screamed "GO COUGARS!!" right after we turned the ball over and TCU scored a few plays later. It was so funny. All the TCU fans turned around and laughed. I love that little man.
Mikah did really well for it being so late. After the game, Jordan said that it was the happiest he had been after a BYU loss in along time :) He also pointed out that BYU won the game while we were there - haha - if that counts for anything.

2 comments:

Tess said...

Psh, you were the good luck charm! If only you weren't late, we would've won!

Looks like it was fun...I cannot even believe that huge screen. Virginia Tech will play BYU in basketball, I should look into getting tickets. I miss my Cougars!

Chelsea said...

What a blast! I love your new blog layout too!