If you know me very well, you know that I don't speak very good ;), I mean well. Since I have married Jordan he has corrected me multiple times. Many of you may think it is sad, but growing up where I did and having a father that grew up in Wayne County and probably speaks worse than me you should understand. A few examples of what I have learned, include the following:
-When I play a game with Jordan and I win, I can't say "I won you!" because that means that "I get to take him home as a prize" and so now I say "I beat you!" (this rarely happens)
-I can't end a sentence with a preposition. I also asked questions like: "Where are you at?" I know horrible. I have come to now just say, "Where are you?" This one has been a hard one for me, but I am now catching and correcting myself.
You may now ask, what brought up this post?? Well, last night we went to the temple with our ward. (which was the first time since I passed out 10 weeks pregnant, a much needed trip. Thanks Macie and James for watching Mikah) After the temple we all went to our Bishop's house for brownies and ice cream. Our bishop is a hunter, and not just any type of hunter. He has SO many dead, stuffed animals in his house. I'm talking, like probably 50+ that he has killed in different countries just hanging in his house. Well on the way home Jordan and I were talking and I said something to the effect of "Man, those bulls were amazin." Jordan was so confused. I guess I pronounce the word "bull" like a "bowl" that you eat out of so he was thought I was talking about the ice cream bowls. So after a long discussion I finally admitted that I said "bowl" and "bull" the same. I still can't say them right. . UGH!! Do any of you say "bowl" and "bull" the same??
2 comments:
Wow. Those two are so close together, I don't know how to even explain the difference.
This is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment